(Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
EMDR Therapy can help you to resolve painful memories from the past; after these memories are resolved you get to feel calm and safe again and no longer “stirred up” when reminded of difficulties in your past.
EMDR can also help you reduce stress, increase confidence, and feel more positively about yourself and your future.
Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is an evidence-based practice that has been shown through over 25 years of research to effectively decrease or eliminate the symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Anxiety, and Depression.
Research has show that EMDR can be a rapid and effective treatment.
EMDR was originally developed to treat the effects of trauma. It is also commonly reported to be helpful with:
- Achieving Peak Performance in Sports, Public Speaking, and Academics.
- Improving Self-Esteem and Reducing Stress.
- Decreasing Performance Anxiety.
- Reducing Panic.
- Letting go of Negative Beliefs about Yourself, the World, and Others.
- Reducing or Resolving Emotional Issues Related to Painful Memories. Stress, Mood, or Anxiety.
A bibliography of the extensive 25+ years of research about the benefits of EMDR can be found at the EMDR International Association’s website: www.emdria.org