Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist,
Child and Family Coordinator
Gently guiding the way towards deep and lasting healing
Dr. Godfrey excels at building meaningful connections with her clients as they work together in a warm, non-judgmental environment where her clients can experience being deeply cared for as they work together to transform their lives.
In her over twenty years of clinical experience, her clients have often told her that they value how genuine she is with them and appreciates how she balances challenging them to grow with supporting them.
She works with clients on a wide variety of issues, and has specialized training in several areas of expertise including helping her clients heal from trauma with EMDR and treating postpartum depression and anxiety. Katie also provides Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy. Learn more about her approach here.
Hear from Dr. Katie Godfrey
I have a gift for connecting with people who feel no one can connect with them, and helping them heal from past traumas and painful events into a new, vibrant chapter of life. I am passionate about my work with pregnant and postpartum women who are struggling with depression, anxiety, OCD, or negotiating the complex challenges of new motherhood. I have specialized expertise in Attachment-Focused EMDR and in the treatment and prevention of perinatal mood disorders. I provide ongoing consultation to therapists working with new mothers and those seeking to treat trauma survivors.
In my 15+ years of experience, my clients often tell me they value how genuine I am, how I hold them accountable, and how knowledgeable I am about research-based treatments. My style is a mix of warm, accepting understanding and no-nonsense accountability as I support you in your growth.
I am passionate about working with LGBTQ clients. My clients value having an accepting space for them to explore their identity and relationships and feel comfortable being themselves. I work with teens and adults who are exploring their gender identity and may identify as gender variant, gender queer, or transgender.
~ Dr. Katie Godfrey
Dr. Katie Godfrey’s Education, Training, and Experience
- 2010 Ph.D., Educational and Human Resource Studies, concentration in Couple and Family Therapy, Colorado State University
- 2005 M.S., Human Development and Family Studies, concentration in Marriage and Family Therapy, Colorado State University
- Graduate Certificate in Women’s Studies
- Advanced Training:
2019 Memory Reconsolidation, The Flash Technique & EMDR Training
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Training, Basic Certification
- PSI Maternal Mental Health Certificate Training
- Prior to joining The Catalyst Center, Katie worked at Crossroads Safehouse and operated a private practice in Fort Collins, CO from 2004 – 2013.
Dr. Godfrey’s Recent Presentations, Research and Publications
Katie has previously conducted and worked on several research studies. Subject areas include LGBT issues, childbirth and postpartum issues, and diversity in university websites.
- Godfrey, K. (2020) Tips for Talking to Kids About Puberty. Colorado Parent, February 2020. https://www.coloradoparent.com/tips-for-talking-to-kids-about-puberty/
- Godfrey, K. (2019) Talking to Kids About School Violence, May 2019. https://www.coloradoparent.com/talking-to-kids-about-school-violence/
- Godfrey, K. (2013). Gender variant youth. Connections Newsletter, Spring, 1-2.
- Godfrey, K., Haddock, S.A., Fisher, A., & Lund, L. (2006). Essential components of curricula for preparing therapists to work with lesbian, gay, and bisexual clients: A Delphi Study. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 32 (4), 491-504.
- Dissertation: Decision making process for first-time mothers plannings home births (2010)
Katie has presented in a variety of areas, from University classes to parenting groups to workshops for therapists, teachers, and care providers.
Here is a sampling of her presentation topics:
- And Baby Makes Three: Couple Relationships After Baby Arrives
- Perinatal Mood Disorders including postpartum Depression, Anxiety, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Beyond the Box: Creating Inclusive Learning Environments for Transgender Youth
- Feminist Parenting: Putting Your Values into Practice
Let’s Get Started!
Fill out the form to book an appointment with Dr. Katie Godfrey.
We are committed to helping you find a great fit with a therapist, which is why we offer every new client a FREE initial consultation.
There are two easy ways to connect with us. Call our office at 720-675-7123 and press “1” to be connected. Fill out the contact form to request an appointment or to learn more.