Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Master of Science in Nursing
Integrative, Collaborative, Client-centered
Adrienne is a board-certified, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP). She is dedicated to collaborative, evidence-based, and integrative care for adults, adolescents, and children.
Adrienne considers all aspects of her clients’ life and approaches client care with compassion and from a biopsychosocial-spiritual framework. In addition to prescribing mental health medications if appropriate, she incorporates brief psychotherapy and considers potential nutritional deficiencies and lifestyle factors when creating your comprehensive treatment plan.
Prior to returning to graduate school, Adrienne provided patient-centered and skilled care as a registered mental health nurse at the Eating Recovery Center acute inpatient unit. Her experience as both a floor and charge nurse, and now as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP), has given Adrienne a unique perspective on care for those struggling with eating disorders and co-occurring concerns. In addition to her expertise in eating disorders, Adrienne is experienced in treating trauma, mood and anxiety disorders, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
- 2020, Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP), Maryville University, St. Louis, Missouri
- 2012, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN), Denver School of Nursing, Denver, Colorado
- 2004, Bachelor of Science in Geology and Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Fort Lewis College, Durango, Colorado
- Active from October 2019-2021, Advanced Cardiac Life Saving Certified, American Heart Association
- 2020, Advanced Nurse Practitioner – Psychiatric Mental Health, State of Colorado Board of Nursing, License Number: APN.0995765-NP, Active since 09/01/2020
- 2020, Advanced Nurse Practitioner RXN – Psychiatric Mental Health Prescription Authority, State of Colorado Board of Nursing, License Number: RXN.0104919-NP, Active since 09/01/2020
- March 2020,Trauma Informed Care Certification
- February 2019, IAEDP Symposium
- September 2014, November 2016, October 2018, Handle with Care Behavior Management System
- December 2017, Registered Nurse, State of California Board of Nursing, License Number: RN95148898, Active since December 2017
- August 2015, ACUTE Symposium: Improving Medical Care for Eating Disorders
- January 2014, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT therapy): An Introduction for Medical Staff
Volunteer Experiences and Professional Affiliations
- Channel 9 Denver Health Fair Denver, CO
Volunteer- Handed out and instructed people on how to use cancer health screening kits.
2012, 2013, 2015 & 2017
- Maître AIDS Hospice San Francisco, CA Volunteer- Assisted in patient care in a nurse assistant capacity. 2009-2010
- CARE International, San Juan Community Health Clinic, Nicaragua
Volunteer- Worked a woman’s health clinic providing health education for mother and baby care in rural settings. My duties also included providing family planning education. Spring 2008
- CARE International, Ayacucho Hospital, Peru
Volunteer- Assisted in community health education regarding baby and child health. Helped gather health data for Ayacucho and surrounding rural communities for local health care agencies. June 2006 – November 2006
- American Nurses Association – Active Member since 2012
- Mental Health Colorado – Active Member since 2016
- Colorado Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses – Active Member since October 2017
Let’s Get Started!
Fill out the form to book an appointment with Adrienne Long.
We are committed to helping you find a great fit with a therapist, which is why we offer every new client a FREE initial consultation.