Board Certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Master of Science in Nursing
Integrative, Collaborative, Client-centered
Prior to returning to graduate school, Adrienne provided compassionate and skilled care as a registered mental health nurse at an eating disorder recovery center on their acute inpatient unit. Her experience as both a floor and charge nurse, and now as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, has given Adrienne a unique perspective on care for those struggling with eating disorders and co-occurring concerns. In addition to her expertise in eating disorders, Adrienne is experienced in treating trauma, mood and anxiety disorders, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Adrienne is also a Certified Psychedelic Assisted Therapy Provider. Learn more about her approach to Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy here.
- 2020, Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP), Maryville University, St. Louis, Missouri
- 2012, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN), Denver School of Nursing, Denver, Colorado
- 2004, Bachelor of Science in Geology and Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Fort Lewis College, Durango, Colorado
- 2022 Certified Psychedelic Assisted Therapy Provider, Integrative Psychiatry Institute
- Active from October 2019-2021, Advanced Cardiac Life Saving Certified, American Heart Association
- 2020, Advanced Nurse Practitioner – Psychiatric Mental Health, State of Colorado Board of Nursing, License Number: APN.0995765-NP, Active since 09/01/2020
- 2020, Advanced Nurse Practitioner RXN – Psychiatric Mental Health Prescription Authority, State of Colorado Board of Nursing, License Number: RXN.0104919-NP, Active since 09/01/2020
- March 2020,Trauma Informed Care Certification
- February 2019, IAEDP Symposium
- September 2014, November 2016, October 2018, Handle with Care Behavior Management System
- December 2017, Registered Nurse, State of California Board of Nursing, License Number: RN95148898, Active since December 2017
- August 2015, ACUTE Symposium: Improving Medical Care for Eating Disorders
- January 2014, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT therapy): An Introduction for Medical Staff
Volunteer Experiences and Professional Affiliations
- Channel 9 Denver Health Fair Denver, CO
Volunteer- Handed out and instructed people on how to use cancer health screening kits.
2012, 2013, 2015 & 2017
- Maître AIDS Hospice San Francisco, CA Volunteer- Assisted in patient care in a nurse assistant capacity. 2009-2010
- CARE International, San Juan Community Health Clinic, Nicaragua
Volunteer- Worked a woman’s health clinic providing health education for mother and baby care in rural settings. My duties also included providing family planning education. Spring 2008
- CARE International, Ayacucho Hospital, Peru
Volunteer- Assisted in community health education regarding baby and child health. Helped gather health data for Ayacucho and surrounding rural communities for local health care agencies. June 2006 – November 2006
- American Nurses Association – Active Member since 2012
- Mental Health Colorado – Active Member since 2016
- Colorado Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses – Active Member since October 2017
Let’s Get Started!
Fill out the form to book an appointment with Adrienne Long.
We are committed to helping you find a great fit with a therapist, which is why we offer every new client a FREE initial consultation.