Board Certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Master of Science in Nursing
Integrative, Collaborative, Client-centered
As a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMNH-BC) and Certified Psychedelic Assisted Provider, Adrienne is an integral part of The Catalyst Center’s Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP) team. Because our ketamine treatment model begins with a comprehensive medical evaluation, Adrienne is often the first person on our KAP team you will meet with. In addition to being the medical provider who is present during each treatment, many clients also prefer her to be their guide and integration therapist. Her personality, combined with her expertise and her ability to listen to your concerns and individualize the treatment, makes clients feel at ease and tailors the most effective treatment for you.
Hear from Adrienne
I’ve worked as both a PMHNP-BC and a nurse with clients struggling with eating disorders, trauma, depression, anxiety, and other co-occurring concerns. Over the years, I have noticed that my patients and clients were not responding to traditional psychotropic medications and evidence-based practices and continued to struggle despite their longing for healing and recovery.
After witnessing so many clients suffer and often relapse, I began researching other interventions that could address the root causes of their concerns in a different way, especially when medications and other holistic interventions had failed. I quickly realized that psychedelics, especially within the model of psychedelic-assisted therapy, offer an alternative to traditional interventions that has the potential for profound and lasting change.
Our KAP team recently completed a year-long certification in psychedelic-assisted therapy, which provided guidance on both the medical aspect, such as safety and dosages, and therapeutic models specific to ketamine, MDMA, and psilocybin. As a prescriber and PMHNP-BC, my approach is integrative and holistic, and this intensive training was exactly that! I’m so grateful for this training. With my clients, I’ve seen over and over that healing, growth, and sustainable relief from symptoms occur not only from the biochemical aspects of this medicine but also through therapy and behavioral change. Learning from pioneers in the field of neuroscience and medical considerations about psychedelic medicine was crucial to the actual implementation of our KAP program, and I am excited to also have knowledge and experience with the therapeutic side of things.
After completion of our year-long certification in psychedelic-assisted therapy, I was eager to start offering this service to clients. After seeing firsthand the healing that can occur during KAP, I am even more excited and hopeful. I have seen that the healing potential is the greatest when combining psychotherapy and medication from a trained psychedelic provider. I am grateful for the opportunity to expand treatment options for clients and meet their needs in the best possible way. As the prescriber and medical provider (along with Medical Assistant Jessica!), I look forward to working with our KAP clients. As a KAP therapist, I am especially passionate about providing additional support as a guide and during preparation/integration sessions for veterans and first responders suffering from PTSD and burnout, those experiencing treatment-resistant depression, frontline health care workers, and anyone experiencing burnout.
- 2020, Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP), Maryville University, St. Louis, Missouri
- 2012, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN), Denver School of Nursing, Denver, Colorado
- 2004, Bachelor of Science in Geology and Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Fort Lewis College, Durango, Colorado
- 2022 Certified Psychedelic Assisted Therapy Provider, Integrative Psychiatry Institute
- Active from October 2019-2021, Advanced Cardiac Life Saving Certified, American Heart Association
- 2020, Advanced Nurse Practitioner – Psychiatric Mental Health, State of Colorado Board of Nursing, License Number: APN.0995765-NP, Active since 09/01/2020
- 2020, Advanced Nurse Practitioner RXN – Psychiatric Mental Health Prescription Authority, State of Colorado Board of Nursing, License Number: RXN.0104919-NP, Active since 09/01/2020
- March 2020,Trauma Informed Care Certification
- February 2019, IAEDP Symposium
- September 2014, November 2016, October 2018, Handle with Care Behavior Management System
- December 2017, Registered Nurse, State of California Board of Nursing, License Number: RN95148898, Active since December 2017
- August 2015, ACUTE Symposium: Improving Medical Care for Eating Disorders
- January 2014, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT therapy): An Introduction for Medical Staff
Volunteer Experiences and Professional Affiliations
- Channel 9 Denver Health Fair Denver, CO
Volunteer- Handed out and instructed people on how to use cancer health screening kits.
2012, 2013, 2015 & 2017
- Maître AIDS Hospice San Francisco, CA Volunteer- Assisted in patient care in a nurse assistant capacity. 2009-2010
- CARE International, San Juan Community Health Clinic, Nicaragua
Volunteer- Worked a woman’s health clinic providing health education for mother and baby care in rural settings. My duties also included providing family planning education. Spring 2008
- CARE International, Ayacucho Hospital, Peru
Volunteer- Assisted in community health education regarding baby and child health. Helped gather health data for Ayacucho and surrounding rural communities for local health care agencies. June 2006 – November 2006
- American Nurses Association – Active Member since 2012
- Mental Health Colorado – Active Member since 2016
- Colorado Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses – Active Member since October 2017
- Medication Management
- Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Eating Disorder Assessment (in partnership with our eating disorder team)
- Pregnancy, Postpartum
- Eating Disorder Recovery
- Anxiety, Worry, and Panic
- Mood Disorders
- Trauma Recovery
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Let’s Get Started!
Fill out the form to book an appointment with Adrienne Long.
We are committed to helping you find a great fit with a therapist, which is why we offer every new client a FREE initial consultation.
There are two easy ways to connect with us. Call our office at 720-675-7123 and press “1” to be connected. Fill out the contact form to request an appointment or to learn more.