Dr. Katie Godfrey
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Child and Family Coordinator, The Catalyst Center
Gently guiding the way towards deep and lasting healing
Dr. Godfrey excels at building meaningful connections with her clients as they work together in a warm, non-judgmental environment where her clients can experience being deeply cared for as they work together to transform their lives.
In her over fifteen years of clinical experience, her clients have often told her that they value how genuine she is with them and appreciates how she balances challenging them to grow with supporting them.
She works with clients on a wide variety of issues, and has specialized training in several areas of expertise including helping her clients heal from trauma with EMDR and treating postpartum depression and anxiety.
Dr. Katie Godfrey’s Education, Training, and Experience
- 2010 Ph.D., Educational and Human Resource Studies, concentration in Couple and Family Therapy, Colorado State University
- 2005 M.S., Human Development and Family Studies, concentration in Marriage and Family Therapy, Colorado State University
- Graduate Certificate in Women’s Studies
- Advanced Training:
2019 Memory Reconsolidation, The Flash Technique & EMDR Training
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Training, Basic Certification
- PSI Maternal Mental Health Certificate Training
- Prior to joining The Catalyst Center, Katie worked at Crossroads Safehouse and operated a private practice in Fort Collins, CO from 2004 – 2013.
Dr. Godfrey’s Recent Presentations, Research and Publications
Katie has previously conducted and worked on several research studies. Subject areas include LGBT issues, childbirth and postpartum issues, and diversity in university websites.
- Godfrey, K. (2020) Tips for Talking to Kids About Puberty. Colorado Parent, February 2020. https://www.coloradoparent.com/tips-for-talking-to-kids-about-puberty/
- Godfrey, K. (2019) Talking to Kids About School Violence, May 2019. https://www.coloradoparent.com/talking-to-kids-about-school-violence/
- Godfrey, K. (2013). Gender variant youth. Connections Newsletter, Spring, 1-2.
- Godfrey, K., Haddock, S.A., Fisher, A., & Lund, L. (2006). Essential components of curricula for preparing therapists to work with lesbian, gay, and bisexual clients: A Delphi Study. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 32 (4), 491-504.
- Dissertation: Decision making process for first-time mothers plannings home births (2010)
Katie has presented in a variety of areas, from University classes to parenting groups to workshops for therapists, teachers, and care providers.
Here is a sampling of her presentation topics:
- And Baby Makes Three: Couple Relationships After Baby Arrives
- Perinatal Mood Disorders including postpartum Depression, Anxiety, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Beyond the Box: Creating Inclusive Learning Environments for Transgender Youth
- Feminist Parenting: Putting Your Values into Practice
Let’s Get Started!
Fill out the form to book an appointment with Dr. Katie Godfrey.
We are committed to helping you find a great fit with a therapist, which is why we offer every new client a FREE initial consultation.