Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Associate
Dr. AJ Grovert has been in practice for over 10 years and specializes in a number of areas such as trauma, perinatal mental health, anxiety spectrum disorders, and emerging adulthood. She also is experienced working with LGBTQ+ communities, female veterans, and those recovering from religious traumas.
AJ’s years of clinical experience coupled with her magnetic personality make her a wonderful addition to our team. We look forward to the amazing impact AJ can have for our clients and are excited to bring her aboard.
Hear from AJ
I believe in a collaborative approach that helps you build up positives rather than focus on negatives. You’ll smile and laugh while you learn new ways to deal with challenges, both external and internal. If that sounds like jargon and nonsense to you – don’t worry. I love working with people who are new to therapy and promise it will all make sense as we go. Things might be tough right now, but this is just one chapter in your life. Together we’ll get insight into your origin story and develop tools and skills you need to move forward, with a lot of support along the way. My job is to be in that beautiful mess with you, listening, helping, guiding, while we work to help you rewrite your story.
~Dr. AJ Grovert
- 2011 Pacific University School of Professional Psychology, Doctor of Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Hillsboro, OR
- 2008 Pacific University School of Professional Psychology, M.S., Clinical Psychology, Hillsboro, OR
- 2006 Fort Lewis College, Durango, CO, B.A., Psychology, Minor: Writing
- Advanced training in somatic EMDR interventions, 16 hours, October 2019
- EMDR basic training with Barb Maiberger of the Maiberger Institute 48 hours, December 2015 and March 2016.
- New Advances in DBT training with Lane Pedersen, 16 hours, February 2015
- Feedback Informed Treatment with Scott Miller, 16 hours, February 2015
- Trauma and Neuroscience with Bessel Van Der Kolk, 8 hours, January 2015
- Trauma Stewardship with Laura Van Der Noot Lipsky, 8 hours, November 2014
- Professional Assault Crises Training and Certification, 20 hours, August 2008
- Domestic Violence Volunteer Training, 40 hours, Fall 2006
- Safe Exchange Volunteer Training, 16 hours, November 2005
Recent Research, Presentations, and Publication
Houskeeper, J. & Grovert, A. (2008, February). Public perception versus current research regarding function and meaning of dreams. Oral Presentation, Oregon Academy of Science.
Grovert, A., Anderson, C., Black, M. & Dwelle, D. (2008, March). Diagnostic considerations with an adolescent African-American client. Oral Presentation, Psychological Service Center Grand Rounds.
Let’s Get Started!
We are committed to helping you find a great fit with a therapist, which is why we offer every new client a FREE initial consultation.
There are two easy ways to connect with us. Call our office at 720-675-7123 and press “1” to be connected. Fill out the contact form to request an appointment or to learn more.