Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Associate
Approachable, Compassionate, Supportive
Dr. AJ Grovert has been in practice for over 10 years and specializes in a number of areas such as trauma, perinatal mental health, anxiety spectrum disorders, and emerging adulthood. She also is experienced working with LGBTQ+ communities, female veterans, and those recovering from religious traumas.
AJ’s years of clinical experience coupled with her magnetic personality make her a wonderful addition to our team. We look forward to the amazing impact AJ can have for our clients and are excited to bring her aboard.
- 2011 Pacific University School of Professional Psychology, Doctor of Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Hillsboro, OR
- 2008 Pacific University School of Professional Psychology, M.S., Clinical Psychology, Hillsboro, OR
- 2006 Fort Lewis College, Durango, CO, B.A., Psychology, Minor: Writing
- Advanced training in somatic EMDR interventions, 16 hours, October 2019
- EMDR basic training with Barb Maiberger of the Maiberger Institute 48 hours, December 2015 and March 2016.
- New Advances in DBT training with Lane Pedersen, 16 hours, February 2015
- Feedback Informed Treatment with Scott Miller, 16 hours, February 2015
- Trauma and Neuroscience with Bessel Van Der Kolk, 8 hours, January 2015
- Trauma Stewardship with Laura Van Der Noot Lipsky, 8 hours, November 2014
- Professional Assault Crises Training and Certification, 20 hours, August 2008
- Domestic Violence Volunteer Training, 40 hours, Fall 2006
- Safe Exchange Volunteer Training, 16 hours, November 2005
Recent Research, Presentations, and Publication
Houskeeper, J. & Grovert, A. (2008, February). Public perception versus current research regarding function and meaning of dreams. Oral Presentation, Oregon Academy of Science.
Grovert, A., Anderson, C., Black, M. & Dwelle, D. (2008, March). Diagnostic considerations with an adolescent African-American client. Oral Presentation, Psychological Service Center Grand Rounds.
Let’s Get Started!
We are committed to helping you find a great fit with a therapist, which is why we offer every new client a FREE initial consultation.