Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Clinical Director, The Catalyst Center
Program Director, Ardent Grove Foundation
Bearing witness to the sacred process of healing
Kendra is passionate about her work helping individuals, couples, and families to heal and rebuild after major losses and traumatic events. Many clients often tell her that they appreciate how warm and approachable she is, and how knowledgeable she is about ways to treat the effects of disconnection, loss, and trauma.
Many people seek Kendra out when they have tried therapy before and feel as though nothing has worked – her approach can benefit those who have not been helped by other forms of treatment. She works to identify the root cause instead of trying to treat the symptoms.
Kendra excels at helping her clients to achieve healing that they didn’t know was possible by blending well-researched approaches to treatment with her gentle and compassionate demeanor.
Kendra believes in the connection between our minds and our bodies. She helps her clients to achieve peace and healing by utilizing mindfulness techniques and helping them to address the ways that they hold stress and tension in their bodies, especially after a traumatic event or a major physical transformation such as the birth of a child.
Her clients learn how to listen to their bodies and their emotions so that they can sustain the positive changes brought on by therapy.
Kendra is a Certified Psychedelic Assisted Therapy Provider. Learn more about her specialty in Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy.
Kendra’s Education, Training
- 2022 Certified Psychedelic Assisted Therapy Provider, Integrative Psychiatry Institute
- 2009 M.S. Human Development and Family Studies, concentration of Marriage and Family Therapy , Colorado State University
- 2007 Certificate in Women’s Studies, Colorado State University
- Advanced Training:
- 2019 Memory Reconsolidation, The Flash Technique & EMDR Training
- 2018 Advanced EMDR training in the Attachment-Focused EMDR protocol
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Training, Basic Certification
In addition to her private practice experience, she has counseled individuals at Larimer County Community Corrections and at Crossroads Safehouse.
Read More about Kendra’s Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support Group
Kendra’s Recent Research, Presentations, and Publications
- Thesis: Making Meaning of Turning Point Events and Life Purpose: Implications for Power versus Benevolence
- Jacklin, E., Doukas, K. (2013). Intersections of Trauma and Gender Variant/Transgender Identity: Treatment Considerations for Compassionate, High-Quality care. Paper Presentation at Colorado Gold Rush Conference, Denver, CO
- Jacklin, E., Doukas, K. (2012). Guide to Assessing Postpartum Mood Disorders. Presented in Multiple Medical Office In-Service Trainings throughout the Denver Metro Area
- Doukas, K., Thulin, K. (2019) Trauma Informed Response to School Violence. Presentation at the Safe Spaces Summit, Denver, CO
Featured in Colorado Parent Magazine
- Drake-McDonough, C. (2019), Dealing with the Loss of a Pet. In Colorado Parent Magazine. March 2019
- Drake-McDonough, C. (2019), Help! My Child’s Friend is a Bad Influence. In Colorado Parent Magazine. April 2018
- Contributor to the Colorado State University FAIR curriculum website
- Various presentations about Partner Abuse and Teen Dating Violence
- Family and Diversity Presentation at Colorado State University for Married Student Housing
Let’s Get Started!
Fill out the form to book an appointment with Kendra Doukas.
We are committed to helping you find a great fit with a therapist, which is why we offer every new client a FREE initial consultation.