Dr. Sarah Long
Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Certified Eating Disorder Specialist
Calm, patient guidance when you need it most.
Dr. Sarah Long is not afraid of intensity. In fact, she loves working with people who are going through life’s crucibles. She is a gifted therapist with over a decade of experience helping people to heal from the impacts of traumatic events and recover from eating disorders.
She specializes in working with teens and adults who are working to manage eating disorders, disordered eating, and body image, including during pregnancy and postpartum. She has completed advanced training in treating eating disorders even receiving distinction as a Certified Eating Disorder Specialist (CEDS). Sarah is one of those therapists who will hang in there when the going gets tough. She sees her role as walking alongside her clients on the journey towards greater health, meeting you where you are now and helping you take the next step in your journey when you are ready.
Clients who are looking for someone who can be with them in the midst of major upheaval and challenge tend to resonate well with Sarah. She has a calmness that permeates her work; no matter what is happening in your life or how bad things seem, she can hold space for all the emotions that come up and also provide guidance through the pain. Your healing will go at your pace. Sarah isn’t going to push you faster than you are ready to move, she is going to be right next to you every step of the way encouraging you with her calm, patience presence.
Sarah is also a gifted assessor. Trained in the model of Collaborative Therapeutic Assessment, Sarah takes the time to get to know you deeply, and provides assessment results that are specific to you as a person, and applicable to your questions about yourself. She is often available on weekends for assessment clients to make it easier to fit an assessment into your busy life.
- 2017-2018 Post-doctoral Fellowship: ACUTE Center for Eating Disorders at Denver Health Medical Center
- 2017 Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, University of Denver, Graduate School of Professional Psychology, Denver, CO
- 2009 Masters of Science, Clinical Health Psychology and Nutrition, Bastyr University, Seattle, WA
- Advanced Training:
- May 2011 Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Training, Basic Certification
- Certified Eating Disorder Specialist (International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals)
- Certification as an IAEDP eating disorder specialist is evidence that both the professional and IAEDP are diligent in seeking advancement in training, education, research and competency to address the complexities involved in the treatment of eating disorders.
Certified Eating Disorder Specialist– 2018, International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals, 4110
Recent Presentations, Research & Publications
- Doctoral Paper/Dissertation: The Clinical Utility of Incorporating Therapeutic Assessment into the Treatment of Eating Disorders with Adolescents
- Potential ethical dilemmas in the treatment of eating disorders , Published in Psychotherapy Bulletin, 2014
Let’s Get Started!
Fill out the form to book an appointment with Dr. Sarah Long.
We are committed to helping you find a great fit with a therapist, which is why we offer every new client a FREE initial consultation.