Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Certified Eating Disorder Specialist, and Eating Disorders Coordinator
Calm, patient guidance when you need it most.
Dr. Sarah Long is not afraid of intensity. In fact, she loves working with people who are going through life’s crucibles. She is a gifted therapist with over a decade of experience helping people to heal from the impacts of traumatic events and recover from eating disorders.
She specializes in working with teens and adults who are working to manage eating disorders, disordered eating, and body image, including during pregnancy and postpartum. She has completed advanced training in treating eating disorders even receiving distinction as a Certified Eating Disorder Specialist (CEDS). Sarah is one of those therapists who will hang in there when the going gets tough. She sees her role as walking alongside her clients on the journey towards greater health, meeting you where you are now and helping you take the next step in your journey when you are ready.
Clients who are looking for someone who can be with them in the midst of major upheaval and challenge tend to resonate well with Sarah. She has a calmness that permeates her work; no matter what is happening in your life or how bad things seem, she can hold space for all the emotions that come up and also provide guidance through the pain. Your healing will go at your pace. Sarah isn’t going to push you faster than you are ready to move, she is going to be right next to you every step of the way encouraging you with her calm, patience presence.
Sarah is a Certified Psychedelic Assisted Therapy Provider. Learn more about her experience with Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy and her approach.
Sarah is also a gifted assessor. Trained in the model of Collaborative Therapeutic Assessment, Sarah takes the time to get to know you deeply, and provides assessment results that are specific to you as a person, and applicable to your questions about yourself. She is often available on weekends for assessment clients to make it easier to fit an assessment into your busy life.
Hear from Sarah
I love seeing my clients change over time. Participating in this profound healing work continually leaves me full of hope for the future. It amazes me how much growth people are capable of, even when someone starts off in a very dark place my years of experience have taught me to never give up hope for deep and lasting change to occur.
I think my clients appreciate my calmness and my ability to get to what is underneath the symptoms they are struggling with. I am not scared off by severe symptoms or complicated issues, as long as you are willing to show up and be as real as you can be with me, I am confident we can work well together.
If you and I work together you can expect that I will provide nudges when you need a nudge, and guidance when you need a guide. No matter what, I’m always going to be there alongside you. You can expect that I will meet you where you are, not forcing change before you are ready and also not giving up when you struggle. I know how hard it is to reach out and build trust with someone new. I see it as a privilege and an honor to be let into your life at this difficult time. Let’s get started.
~Dr. Sarah Long
- 2017-2018 Post-doctoral Fellowship: ACUTE Center for Eating Disorders at Denver Health Medical Center
- 2017 Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, University of Denver, Graduate School of Professional Psychology, Denver, CO
- 2009 Masters of Science, Clinical Health Psychology and Nutrition, Bastyr University, Seattle, WA
Advanced Training and Certifications:
- 2022 Certified Psychedelic Assisted Therapy Provider, Integrative Psychiatry Institute
- 2018, Certified Eating Disorder Specialist- International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals, 4110
- May 2011 Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Training, Basic Certification
- Certification as an IAEDP eating disorder specialist is evidence that both the professional and IAEDP are diligent in seeking advancement in training, education, research and competency to address the complexities involved in the treatment of eating disorders.
Recent Presentations, Research & Publications
- Doctoral Paper/Dissertation: The Clinical Utility of Incorporating Therapeutic Assessment into the Treatment of Eating Disorders with Adolescents
- Potential ethical dilemmas in the treatment of eating disorders , Published in Psychotherapy Bulletin, 2014
Let’s Get Started!
Fill out the form to book an appointment with Dr. Sarah Long.
We are committed to helping you find a great fit with a therapist, which is why we offer every new client a FREE initial consultation.
There are two easy ways to connect with us. Call our office at 720-675-7123 and press “1” to be connected. Fill out the contact form to request an appointment or to learn more.